Construction Management Services - Michigan
Construction management is the third of three ways that a.j. Veneklasen, Inc. can work with building owners:
1. You hire an architect or engineer to design your building and then hire us as the General Contractor to build your building.
2. You use the Design-Build process and hire us to do both design and construction.
3. You hire us to provide Construction Management Services and hire others to design and build your building. This approach is often used to build schools and other institutions.
In the first two arrangements we are “at risk” to deliver our portion(s) of the project within a Guaranteed Maximum Price (GMP).
In this third scenario you pay us a fee to work as your “agent.” Then we provide construction advice to the designer, on your behalf, design advice to the constructor, again on your behalf, and other project management advice as necessary.
When a.j. Veneklasen, Inc. acts as your agent, we are responsible exclusively to you, the owner, and act in your best interest at every stage of the project. We offer construction advice, uncolored by any conflicting interest, on crucial matters such as:
- Optimum use of available funds
- Control of the scope of the work
- Project scheduling
- Optimum use of design and construction firm’s skills and talents
- Avoidance of delays, changes and disputes
- Enhancing project design and construction quality
- Optimum flexibility in contracting and procurement
Contact a.j. Veneklasen Construction
Contact us today to learn how our construction management services can make your vision a reality!