Consider the Design-Build Option
a.j. Veneklasen, Inc. has successfully completed hundreds of projects using the Design-Build process. Instead of hiring your own architect and only contacting us after the plans are done, you make us responsible for the entire process from beginning to end.
Seven Benefits of the Design-Build Process
1. Singular Responsibility. When one supplier is totally responsible for your project, you don’t have to interface with two separate companies and coordinate their activities. You can spend more time building your business instead of building a building.
2. Quality. In the traditional design-bid-build process, the building owner must warrant that design documents are complete and free from error. With the design-build process, full responsibility rests with the design-build firm, maximizing their motivation to do a high quality job.
3. Cost Savings. Design and construction personnel, working and communicating as a team, evaluate alternative materials and methods efficiently and accurately. Value engineering and constructability are used continuously and more effectively.
4. Time Savings. Bidding periods and redesign are eliminated. Design and construction can overlap and “Fast-Track” construction techniques can be used. Materials/equipment procurement and construction work can begin before the construction documents are fully completed.
5. Less Administrative Burden. During procurement, less time is spent preparing RFPs and conducting evaluations. During design and construction, less time and money is spent coordinating and arbitrating between separate contracts.
6. Early Knowledge of Firm Costs. Guaranteed construction costs are known far earlier. The same company responsible for design is simultaneously estimating construction costs and can more accurately conceptualize the completed project.
7. Improved Risk Management. Since the contractor develops the drawings and specifications, change orders during construction for “errors and omissions” are virtually eliminated. The likelihood of meeting cost, schedule, and quality goals is significantly increased.
Three Phases of Design-Build at a.j. Veneklasen, Inc.
1. Pre-Construction Phase. We balance the scope of your project with the budget you have and meet the quality level you expect. We eliminate the surprises associated with traditional delivery methods because the building systems have been defined and priced to meet your budget. The price of the project is guaranteed before you break ground.
2. Construction Phase. During construction, we continue to monitor the budget, schedule and supervise the various trade contractors as the construction progresses. We ensure that what was defined during the design phase is implemented in construction.
3. Post Construction Phase. We are there to provide warranty services and follow up on any outstanding items. We guarantee the quality and workmanship of all our projects…no questions asked.
Taking Service to the Next Level
a.j. Veneklasen, Inc. has never been passive about design and construction. We want our clients to get the most for their money in any building project. That’s why we developed the VeneBuilt™ process, which greatly expands the number and type of services we can provide.